Sung Kyu, Kim has a diverse background in academic disciplines and professional experiences ranging from physical and social sciences to hands-on fieldwork experiences and project management roles. His recent work and projects include:
- PhD research on “Agricultural intensification and smallholder crop-livestock integration in Rwanda” (2013-17);
- Sustainable agro-ecological village project internship in Senegal and the Gambia (2013);
- Dairy and artisanal cheese-making apprenticeship in British Columbia, Canada (2012);
- Agriculture and Food Security programme support and assistant at the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) in Ottawa, Canada (2011);
- Independent research on the integrated crop-livestock production system and soil fertility management in Rwanda (2011).
When not working, Sung Kyu is walking, cycling, hiking in the great outdoors.